Sunday, June 12, 2011

{Fruit Pizza}

I love berry season! I can't get enough of them. I have stocked up on strawberries so far this year, my kids love them and you can eat them with so many things. This weekend we decided to use some to make fruit pizza that I adapted from The Sisters Cafe website. It was delicious!



















Crust:
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, softened
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Frosting:
11 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Sliced fruit for topping-strawberries, kiwi, banana, mandarin oranges, peaches, berries, etc.

Cream sugar, butter and eggs together. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add to sugar/butter mixture and mix to form soft dough. Spread on a greased jelly roll pan. (I just used a regular cookie sheet, and worked the dough with my floured hands to evenly spread dough-worked great) Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Set aside and cool.

Mix together icing ingredients and spread on cooled crust. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, cut into bars. Place desired cut fruit on each square and serve!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm. I love fruit pizza, but I've never made it! I'll have to try it this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails