Sunday, January 24, 2010

{Homemade Flour Tortillas}

I have been making these a lot lately, they are actually really easy and best of all they are WAY better then store bought tortillas! The other night I made a chicken burrito filling in the crock pot and wrapped it up in these tortillas, they are also really good as quesadillas for my kids. Or just to warm up and eat plain :)












3 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup hot water

Mix all together in a bowl until a ball of dough forms if it is too sticky add a little more flour if too dry add a little more water. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes and let sit for about 10-20 minutes. Divide the dough into about 2 inch balls. Then just roll out on a floured surface. And then I just use my griddle to make them on, turn the heat up to 450 degrees and cook on each side for about 1 minute. If you are using a regular pan make sure it is a not stick one otherwise the pan will burn (I have done this oops) ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm these look delicious!! I agree homemade are so much better! I have a whole wheat recipe that is good too. These look better though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delish.What a great idea Code. I'll just have to copy your recipe's everyday. These are some killa recipe's so far dearest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe sounds so good. I'm super excited to try it. My sister and I tried to make torts this weekend and it was a flop. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails