Saturday, April 9, 2011

{Cilantro Flavored Rice}

We eat rice as our side more than anything else, so I like to find new ways to serve it. It seems like I always have Cilantro in my Fridge and we love the Cilantro Lime Rice but I wanted to switch it up a bit...This is really tasty, I love the added garlic and onion flavor.













1 cup long grain rice
2 Tbs olive oil
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbs chopped onion
1 garlic clove
about 9 sprigs of fresh cilantro, chopped

Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add the rice and onion, let that cook for about 2-3 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth, six cilantro sprigs chopped and garlic. Season with salt. Cover and turn down the heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes until fluffy. Serve with a little extra cilantro if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails