Wednesday, June 15, 2011

{Shaved Asparagus Pizza}

I have seen this recipe several places and it sounded so interesting and good. I bought a ton of Asparagus at Costco because I love it, but I need to figure out what to do with all of it. I made this and it was really good. The garlic herb cheese makes it great I think. I would even add a little bit more of it next time :)













Pizza dough
Olive oil, for brushing
8 oz. asparagus spears
4 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
3 oz. spreadable garlic herb cheese, I used Boursin
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions:
Preheat the oven 475 degrees. Roll out the pizza dough (I made mine on a cookie sheet, because I don't have a round pizza pan). Lightly brush the surface of the dough with olive oil.

Cut the tough woody stems off the ends of the asparagus spears. Use a vegetable peeler to shave the spears into ribbons. You likely will not need all of the asparagus, but use more ribbons than you think you need because it will cook down in the oven.

Place the sliced mozzarella over the pizza dough in an even layer. Pile the asparagus shavings over the top of the mozzarella. Dot the surface of the pizza with the garlic herb cheese. Season with kosher salt and pepper.

Transfer the pizza to the preheated oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the crust is lightly browned, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing and serving.

*Adapted from Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails