Wednesday, September 21, 2011

{Hawaiian Cake}

I made this for an Aloha themed church activity and it was really yummy. But I realized later that I completely forgot to add the crushed pineapple...oh dear! But at least I know that it's still a hit without it. Next time I will not leave this detail out :)


1 yellow cake mix made according to directions on package 
1 can crushed pineapple, well drained
1 8 oz cream cheese
1 lg. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
2 cups whipped cream (homemade is best)
½ cup toasted coconut
¼ cup sliced almonds

Beat cream cheese until fluffy.  Mix pudding with 3 cups milk.  Combine pudding & cream cheese.  Spread over cold cake.  Sprinkle well-drained pineapple over cream cheese mixture.  Spread whipped cream on top and sprinkle with coconut and almonds.  


Recipe Source: Marie Gray

1 comment:

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails