Friday, January 6, 2012

{Cafe Rio's Creamy Cilantro Ranch Dressing}

I used to live in Utah, now I live in Minnesota. One of the things I miss terribly about Utah is Cafe Rio. Oh man there is really nothing like it, I have tried other places and they just DO NOT compare. So I have started getting desperate and making some copycat recipes from home, which still are not quite the same but a girls gotta do what she's gotta do. I did make this cilantro ranch dressing and I was amazed at just how much it tastes like the real thing! It is delicious. I also have THIS recipe for their cilantro lime rice that is pretty close to theirs also. Last night I made sweet pork salads, ( I will post the pork recipe soon) It was really good too.


1 packet traditional Hidden Valley Ranch mix (not buttermilk)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup buttermilk
2 tomatillos, remove husk, diced
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
2 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime
1 jalepeno (we keep it mild so I remove the seeds, if you like spice keep the seeds in)

Mix all ingredients together in the blender. It will thicken as it sits in the refrigerator for a couple hours 




*Adapted from: Favorite Family Recipes 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails