Friday, January 29, 2010

{Favorite Sugar Cookies}

This is my all time favorite cookie! I love making these for one of my favorite holidays...Valentines!!


1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 1/4 cups flour

In a large bowl or mixer mix sugar, butter, cream cheese, salt, almond and vanilla extracts and egg yolk. Beat until smooth. Mix in flour until dough forms. Chill for a couple hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough to about a 1/4 inch thick. Cut into whatever shape you want, place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7 minutes. If they look a little under done that is okay. You don't even want these to brown.

*Frosting*
1 cube butter, softened
1/2 bag of powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbs milk
1/2 tsp almond extract

3 comments:

  1. yummy, I'll have to give these a try. I have a favorite recipe that uses sour cream, this is probably equally tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a friend Of Alisa Reid--I LOVE to read receipe blogs and use them! So--I will be here often! Keep up the good work. I really want to try the pot roast soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now don't they just look so darn cute. I'm going to send this link off to my daughter, a huge sugar cookie fan. My grandkids will love to decorate them for Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing, Codee:)

    ReplyDelete

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails