Friday, February 3, 2012

{BBQ Chicken Pizza}

I love this pizza! I feel like I order this kind whenever I go out to pizza places, so I'm glad I can make it in my home whenever I please :)

Favorite Pizza Dough


Sauce:
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 small can tomato paste
1 medium can tomato sauce
1 tomato, finely chopped
2 tsp. basil
2 tsp. oregano
salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
1 cup BBQ sauce (whatever your favorite kind is)

Brown garlic in a little olive oil in the bottom of a sauce pan.  Add everything else, 
except the BBQ sauce, and simmer for 20 minutes.  
Then remove from heat and stir in the BBQ sauce.

Toppings:
about a handful of fresh chopped cilantro
2 to 3 cups of mixed cheddar and mozzarella cheese
2 chicken breasts grilled in BBQ Sauce, then sliced
1 can pineapple tidbits - drained

Roll your pizza dough onto a pizza pan or pizza stone. 
Follow the directions to make the sauce and spread evenly over the pizza dough. 
Then top with cheese and pineapple. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 18 min.  
After cooking, top with grilled chicken slices and fresh chopped cilantro.


Recipe Source: Favorite Family Recipes

1 comment:

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails