Friday, December 3, 2010

{Soft Shortbread Sugar Cookies}

Sugar Cookies are my favorite cookie. I have had so many great ones. I have already posted my VERY favorite on here already, and this is a close second. This is one that I would make with my Mom and Sisters when I was younger. They are more fluffy and more on the thick side then your average sugar cookie. They really are yummy yummy!













6 cups flour
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp almond extract

Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy then add the eggs, vanilla, milk and almond extract. In a separate bowl blend together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then slowly add to the cream mixture. Place in an air tight bowl for at least 2 hours (makes it more firm and easier to roll out) Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. Bake the cookies at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails