Monday, February 13, 2012

{THE Best Sugar Cookies}

I consider myself a little bit of a sugar cookie snob. I love them so so much, but I have to have them a certain way. My favorite have been THESE for years, and I have made a ton of others to try and compare to them and FINALLY I have found a recipe that I think are even better. These cookies are perfect. I love that they are soft and chewy and just perfect. Maybe the cake flour has something to do with it. I just know that I am completely in love. Happy Valentines Day :)



1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks)
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 cups cake flour


Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until blended well. Add dry ingredients and mix. To make dough easier to work with, chill before rolling.

Roll  to about 1/4 inch thick and cut cookies and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. 
Cookies are done when top is slightly cracked and no longer looks wet. Do not brown.

Butter Cream Frosting

1 cup butter
3-4  cups powdered sugar
2 Tbs milk
1/2 tea vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract

Beat soft butter and powdered sugar together until smooth. Add milk, almond extract and vanilla, blend well. Tint frosting with food color as desired. Decorate with sprinkles immediately after frosting. 
(If the frosting is too thick add a little more milk, if too thin add a little more p. sugar)

Adapted from: A Bountiful Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails