Friday, September 7, 2012

{Favorite Pasta Salad}

Another salad that was a huge hit this summer. When I saw that it had pesto, pine nuts and basil I knew I had to make this. It was the best pasta salad I've had yet.



1 12 oz. package tri-color rotini pasta, cooked and drained
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 can black olives, sliced
¼ cups red onion, finely diced
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
6 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
4 tablespoons basil pesto
2/3 cup creamy Caesar dressing ( I used Newmans)
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
½-1 cup toasted pine nuts
DIRECTIONS:
Cook pasta and coat with Caesar dressing while warm. Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the pine nuts) and toss. Top with toasted pine nuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


Recipe Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails