Thursday, May 5, 2011

{Piña Colada Smoothie}

For our honeymoon my husband and I went to Cancun Mexico, and although it feels like a lifetime ago, I think of it often and want to go back as soon as possible! Anyway, they had these Pina Coladas available whenever we wanted them any time of day for free, so we basically drank these ALL day for a week, they were amazing! I wanted to try and recreate them, since we still talk about how delicious they were. Now when I am wishing I were laying on the beach in Cancun drinking one of these, at least I can make one in my kitchen and pretend...
















1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2/3 cup light coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
Crushed ice, to taste

Puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this sounds delicious! We went to Puerta Vallarta on our honeymoon and had strawberry & pineapple virgin (of course, haha) drinks every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Codee!!! It's so nice to "see" you:)

    Oh goodness, that smoothie is sounding mighty good!!! I LOVE a good Pina Colada and as a smoothie, lookout!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing...Just in case I don't make it back, wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day!!! Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love Piña Colada! For my Honey moon (many years dear) I went to Brasil and drink piñas Coladas! your look awesome! gloria

    ReplyDelete

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails