Friday, May 6, 2011

{Thai Peanut Noodles}

This was a hit at our home. My kids call them "The Spicy Noodles" and they ate like three bowls, not kidding! I only use about 1-1/2 tsp of the chili sauce and we think it's perfect, if you like things really spicy add more. Make sure and add all the fixings! I adapted this recipe slightly from Our Best Bites, so you know it's good! :)














1/2 c. chicken broth
3-4 Tbs creamy peanut butter
1-2 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce (1 is mild with a bite, 1.5 is medium, 2 is hot)
1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh minced ginger
3-4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
8 oz. lo mein or linguine noodles
Chopped green onions
Chopped cilantro
2 limes, cut into quarters
Chopped peanuts

Cook noodles in salted water. In the meantime, combine chicken broth, peanut butter, chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk until smooth and remove from heat. Toss cooked noodles with sauce and divide among 4 bowls. Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, chopped peanuts, and garnish each serving with 2 lime quarters. Before eating, squeeze lime juice over noodles and stir to combine.

1 comment:

  1. I have such a difficult time cooking with peanut butter. The odor just doesn't do well with me. I would absolutely LOVE to try this though. Perhaps, if I use a clothespin, lol...

    Thank you so much for sharing, Codee. I do hope you had a Joyful Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Print Recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails